Where are you from, when did you begin skiing and telemarking, where do you ski most now?
I'm originally from suburban Detroit and started skiing around age 11 at night on an icy landfill through a middle school ski club. I didn't pick up telemarking until I moved to Lake Tahoe in 2006 and now I ski all around the Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada.
What do you love about telemarking?
Freedom, style, and difficulty. The yin and yang - it requires both delicate balance and strong targeted movements. I don't know if I'll ever master it, but it's sure fun trying!
What do you like about our bindings?
22D has nailed the yin and yang of telemark, the bindings are powerful but have a perfect flex pattern. The free pivot is bomber and they're made in the USA. What's not to like?
What do you like to do for fun when you’re not skiing?
Play with my triplet boys, currently age 4. I love sports and all the opportunities living in Lake Tahoe provides - biking, whitewater kayaking, water skiing, climbing, and even soccer. If I play my cards right, I should have plenty of outdoor sport buddies in the coming years!
List your accomplishments, competition results, awards, other sponsors, etc.
- Finalist in all 3 stops of the Big Mountain Telemark Series (2011/12)
- Recipient of 2013 Polartec Challenge Grant. Past Recipients include Jimmy Chin, Conrad Anker, Andrew McLean, and Greg Hill.
- Skied numerous first descents with an all-female team in Greenland and Iceland on Polartec funded trip (March 25-April 19th, 2014)
- Athlete Ambassador "I AM PRO SNOW" through the Climate Reality Project (2014-2016)
- Athlete for the film project “Pretty Faces” (Fall 2014) Alaska Segment
- Full Page Article in December 2014 Powder Magazine “Tele Kelly and the Pretty Faces”
- Full Page Article in October 2018 "Queens of the Mountain"
- The photo on July 5, 2019, Wall Street Journal about Patch Skiing
- Article in Outside Magazine December 2018 "How to Keep Skiing as a New Mom"
- Skied Mt. Kenya, Lewis Glacier, November 8, 2013
- Summited Mt. Whitney (14,505’) and skied from the top of mountaineers couloir
- Gave birth to triplet boys in March 2015
- Still, ski around 100 days a year while working full time and raising triplets
江苏快乐十分走势图Sierra at Tahoe